OC Mashups Logo Design Competition
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the OC Mashups Logo Design Contest organized by OC Mashups, (the “Contest”). The object of this contest is to design a logo for the OC Mashups swag. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
Quick Date Guide
- Submit Online Entry Form no later than October 15th, 2016
- Email Entry to Media@OCMashups.org no later than October 15th, 2016
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with OC Mashups as required below.
How to Enter
- Fill out the Online Entry Form
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to Media@OCMashups.org.
- The email must include the name and email of the entrant
- Entries must be submitted along with the Online Entry Form.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is midnight (one minute after 2359) on October 15, 2016, Pacific Daylight Time.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the OC Mashups. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and to create “swag”. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing. While the logo needs to look good at relatively small sizes, it will not need to be shrunk for use as a Favicon.
Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
This image should not be photographic (see below for information on graphic formats) and specific to the OC Mashups. While there are no specific guidelines for logos or usage, a fun and unique tagline would be a great addition to consider.
OC Mashups is looking for a fun logo and tag more than an actual image. As such, entries submitted can be submitted in a “Final design” format, or an “Idea” format. Both design formats will have different submission guidelines.
Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing “Final Design” Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors. “Idea” entries can be submitted in scalable vector format (EPS), JGP, or TIF. Other file types will not be reviewed.
The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 10Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced at the OC Mashups meeting on November 7th, 2016. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for him or her to attend.
The winning designer will receive:
- One free piece of swag of the winners choice, where available and in stock
- The right to use the logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be selected by the governing body of the OC Mashups. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- OC Mashups reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- OC Mashups reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to OC Mashups.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for OC Mashups to make public and otherwise use winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of OC Mashups and may be displayed publicly on OC Mashups web sites.
- Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to OC Mashups in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and OC Mashups in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and OC Mashups and relating to the Contest.
Representations and Warranties
By participating in the Contest, the Entrant warrants and represents in connection with the Entry submitted as part of his/her participation in the Contest: (a) he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of (and free of any adverse claim by any person, firm, or corporation) all intellectual property rights in and to the Entry; (b) the Entry is original and the use of the Entry as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the proprietary rights, including without limitation the intellectual property rights, of any third party; (c) the use of the Entry, as described in these Official Rules, will be in compliance with any third-party licenses pertaining to the Entry; (d) the Entry is not obscene or libelous, and does not violate any rights of any third party, including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity; (e) the Entry does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Entry; (f) the Entry and its use as described in these Official Rules will not violate any federal, provincial, state or local laws or ordinances; (g) no employer or educational or other establishment has any rights in the Entry; (h) the Entry is consistent with these Official Rules; and (i) he/she has the right to grant the license to OC Mashups as required in these Official Rules.